Simple Musings

Monday, April 11, 2005

Gentle Spring Morning

I awoke this morning to a quiet thunder and the sound of rain patting the grass. Ah, a day of quiet puttering and reading. Rainy days were made for this. This, and a bit of self exploration.

Last night, as I lay waiting to sleep, I decided to become mainly vegetarian and stop ruining my heath with refined sugars. This morning I pondered it a bit more to decide whether this was a midnight ramble or, in fact, a valid decision. The idea still held true, so today I will plot out this life change. This will be a lifestyle, not a whimsy, because it is time for me to take care of myself. I have used Dale and Gramps as an excuse since they are not interested in this plan whatsoever....but not good enough! I suppose that subconciously I wasn't ready for this until now. I will make a few exceptions for holidays.

Dale set the potted plants out this morning for the rain to water naturally. This is a nice treat after chorinated water. I am sure that my roses and peonies are happy. The rain came at a wonderful time since our garden should start sprouting any day. This is our first venture into a real garden...our little backyard project. Hopefully we will have tomatoes, okra, carrots, cucumbers, watermelons, cantelopes, squash and beans. Maybe it will grow in spite of our loving gestures.

I have (more or less) cleaned the house over the last few days. Today I can spend time doing what I want to do. Yes, I will read, move a few things around, crochet a few inches on my purse project. I must plan something warm and yummy for supper.

Back to my cup of tea................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home