Simple Musings

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I have a secret. I just love to hang out clothes. I even get anal about having all of the socks together, the tee shirts together, and everything even. I dill-dally around and take as long as I can. (honestly, I have been known to wash clothes just so I could hang something out!)

I stop and look up at the sky for a while. I listen to and watch the birds. I glance over at the garden (and smile). I come up with some really great ideas while pinning underwear to the line. Something very basic about that, I think. I notice things that need to be done outside the house (and inform the person in charge. :-)

Puppykins always helps me, too. It is ever so helpful to take time out to find her and keep her where I can see her. This is her favorite squirrel chasing time. Did you know that squirrels can laugh? Hah, you can't catch me, don't think you can! I would not have known this if it weren't for hanging out clothes.

I catch up on the neighborhood news while I am shaking out towels to add to the line. Honestly, I didn't know that.......really???. (I'm not one for spreading gossip, so you'd better listen close the first time........)

One request: When I die, please dress me in clothes just off the line. I don't really care what it is as long as it is springtime fresh.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Bippity said…

    I've never hung out clothes myself, but perhaps I should try it sometime, eh?

    Nice post. ^^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home